Microbiology is a fascinating field that explores life down to the tiniest level. Did you know that your body contains more bacteria cells than human cells? It’s true. Microbes are essential to our everyday lives, from the food we eat to the very internal systems that keep us alive. These microbes include bacteria, algae, fungi, viruses, and nematodes.
- Medical Textbooks Online: Cosmetic Dermatology Products and Procedures 2nd Edition PDF
- Medical Textbooks Online: Goldberger’s Clinical Electrocardiography 9th Edition PDF
Without microbes, life on Earth would not survive. It’s amazing to think that all life is so dependent on these microscopic creatures, but their impact on our future is even more astonishing. Microbes are the tools that allow us to engineer hardier crops, create better medicines, and fuel our technology in sustainable ways. Microbes may just help us save the world.
Microbiology For Dummies 1st Edition PDF is your guide to understanding the fundamentals of this enormously-encompassing field. Whether your career plans include microbiology or another science or health speciality, you need to understand life at the cellular level before you can understand anything on the macro scale.
- Explore the difference between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells
- Understand the basics of cell function and metabolism
- Discover the differences between pathogenic and symbiotic relationships
- Study the mechanisms that keep different organisms active and alive
You need to know how cells work, how they get nutrients, and how they die. You need to know the effects different microbes have on different systems, and how certain microbes are integral to ecosystem health. Microbes are literally the foundation of all life, and they are everywhere. Microbiology For Dummies will help you understand them, appreciate them, and use them.
Free Medical Books: Microbiology For Dummies 1st Edition PDF