Anatomy and Physiology For Dummies 2nd Edition PDF that goes over a complex subject. I love the amount of detail that is covered and how it is explained. It really helped me out for college. I also enjoy how this book is thin and pretty easy to take anywhere with you. It has a section in the back for you to take notes and a “cheat sheet” that basically goes over any important facts.
Description: Anatomy and Physiology For Dummies 2nd Edition
Every year, more than 100,000 degrees are completed in biology or biomedical sciences. Anatomy and physiology classes are required for these majors and others such as life sciences and chemistry, and also for students on a pre-med track. These classes also serve as valuable electives because of the importance and relevance of this subject’s content. Anatomy and Physiology For Dummies, 2nd Edition, appeals to students and life-learners alike, as a course supplement or simply as a guide to this intriguing field of science.
With 25 percent new and revised content, including updated examples and references throughout, readers of the new edition will come to understand the meanings of terms in anatomy and physiology, get to know the body’s anatomical structures, and gain insight into how the structures and systems function in sickness and health.
- New examples, references, and case studies
- Updated information on how systems function in illness and in health
- Newest health discovers and insights into how the body works
Written in plain English and packed with dozens of beautiful illustrations, Anatomy & Physiology For Dummies is your guide to a fantastic voyage of the human body.
From the Back Cover
- Grasp the scientific names of the body’s structures
- Know the functions of hundreds of tissues and organs
- Understand how the body develops, repairs itself, and is affected by disease
Learn about the human body from the inside out
This detailed guide helps you understand the meaning of terms in anatomy and physiology, get to know the body’s anatomical structures, and gain insight into how the structures and systems function. Written in plain English and packed with dozens of beautiful illustrations, this is your guide to fantastic discoveries about the human body.
- Anatomy & Physiology 101 — get a clear overview of the facts and concepts essential for understanding human anatomy and physiology
- Get physical — understand the intricacies of the three organ systems that form the physical bulk of the human body — the skeletal system, the muscular system, and the integumentary system
- A look inside — explore the inner workings of the human body with chapters on the nervous, endocrine, circulatory, respiratory, digestive, urinary, and immune systems
- The circle of life — discover the ins and outs of the reproduction and developmental life cycles, from the physiological changes that occur from infancy through puberty and beyond to the marvels of pregnancy and childbirth
Open the book and find:
- Clear explanations of scientific terminology
- Details about the functions of cells
- The basics about how the body maintains itself
- The functions of each organ system
- Insights about how the organ systems work together
- Information about diseases and disorders that affect each system
- 10 fun facts on physiology
- Color plates of the body’s systems and some of the major organs
- Categories: Free Medical Books,Anatomy,Physiology
- Publisher:For Dummies
- ISBN 10:0470923261
- ISBN 13:9780470923269
- File:PDF, 10.16 MB
Best Medical Books: Anatomy and Physiology For Dummies 2nd Edition PDF